Wired braces help straighten or align the teeth of both adults and children. Until now, the metal brackets have been most commonly seen to improve oral health and correct the teeth alignment. However, over the past decade, invisalign braces are being used widely by orthodontists on their patients due to a number of advantages over the age old wired ones. Here are few of them.
- While wired brackets are definitely quite visible since they are made of metal, invisalign are invisible. They are designed out of clear BPA-free plastic in form of aligner trays that are worn over the teeth. They are discrete, smooth and comfortable on wearing.
- Depending upon the patients need, wired braces can be worn for an average of 2years for treatment, whereas the invisalign need to be worn for only 6 to 18months.
- The maintenance of wired braces involves cleaning them with brushing teeth regularly to remove any traces of food. Invisalign require washing of these trays with luke warm water.
- While wired braces need monthly follow-ups mostly, invisalign users need follow ups every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Invisalign being invisible, does not cause the wearer to be embarrassed in gatherings or be in awkward potion when eating. There is no difficulty due to wires, food does not get stuck, no difficulty in eating and no issues with cleaning.
Invsalign braces is the sign of the advancement of science and technologies in the field of dentistry field. Thanks to such braces, wearing braces and maintenance of them has become an easier job. Therefore, now you can smile away with confidence without those ugly wires showing.